At https://humansofthiruvalla.com/, our mission is to provide the correct information and help people to understand the world in a better way. We want you to understand how we handle your data. We also want you to know your rights and choices for the same.
The Company respects the privacy of the Users of the services and is committed to protecting it in all respects.
• Our Website: https://humansofthiruvalla.com/
• Our App- Humans of Thiruvalla App
• Our Email Newsletters
How we handle information about you depends on which https://humansofthiruvalla.com/ service you use and how you use them.
(1) What Information Do We Collect About You?
The information we collect about you depends on the context. By and large, it’s information about you that can personally identify you- either on its own or when combined with other information.
The following describes the information we collect and how we obtain it.
- A) Information Collected Through https://humansofthiruvalla.com/
1. Information That You Voluntarily Give Us-
When you sign-up/subscribe for a https://humansofthiruvalla.com/ service (e.g. newsletter), we collect your name, mobile/ phone number, email, city name etc.
If you register for an event, we might ask for additional information (e.g. your company name, your job title or your food choices).
To process payments or donations, we collect and use your payment information.
This can include your name, your address, your telephone/ mobile number, your email address, your credit or debit card, net banking information and any other relevant information.
- User-Generated Content-
We offer you the ability to post content that other users can read (e.g. comments). Anyone can read, collect and use any personal information that accompanies your posts.
We do not have to publish any of your content. If the law requires us to take down, remove or edit your personal information, we will comply to the required extent.
- Contests and Special Offers-
When you sign-up/ register for these, you give us your name, email, mobile number, city, pin code and any other required information.
- Surveys, Research and Experience Programs-
We collect information through questionnaires, surveys and feedback programs. We also conduct similar research for advertisers. We ask you for your consent to use this information when you participate/ register in these programs and events.
- During Contact With Our Support Staff-
We collect information from you when you place an order over the phone or contact customer service/ support staff.
- Personal Contacts Data-
We never scan your device for your contacts or upload this data.
With your consent, we do comply with your requests to collect data about your friends, family or acquaintances (e.g. refer a friend campaigns/ offers). By using it, you acknowledge and agree that you have everyone’s consent for us to use their contact information.
- 2) Information Collected Automatically
- A) Tracking Technologies in Browser and Mobile Apps-
These technologies include cookies, web beacons, tags and scripts, software development kits and beyond.
We track and store data about how you visit and use https://humansofthiruvalla.com/. The items we log include:
- Your IP Address
- Your Location
- Your Operating System
- Your Browser
- Your Browser Language
- The URLs of any pages you visit on our website and app
- Device Identifiers
- Advertising Identifiers
- Other Usage Information.
We combine this data with other information we collect about you.
- B) Information Collected From Other Sources-
- Privately Owned Databases-
Marketing, data analytic and social media-owned databases give us access to a range of information like public data, survey data and beyond. This data sometimes includes your mailing address, your gender, your age, your household income and other demographic data.
- 2. Social Media Platforms and Other Third-Party Services-
(Social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest. Third-party services include Google etc.)
You can link your social media or other third-party accounts to https://humansofthiruvalla.com/. By linking the services, you authorize us to collect, store and use any information they may give us (e.g. name, phone/mobile number, email id etc.). You can disconnect your https://humansofthiruvalla.com/ registration/ subscription from third-party accounts at any time.
We also receive information from you when you interact with our pages, groups, accounts or posts on social media platforms. This includes aggregate data on our followers (e.g. age, gender and location), engagement data (e.g. likes comments, shares, reposts and clicks), awareness data (e.g. the number of impressions and reach) and individual users’ public profiles.
A Note for Future Updates–
We are always improving our products and services, and we create new features regularly. These updates sometimes require us to collect new information, or use what we already have differently. If there is a significant or material change in the way we handle your personal information, we will notify you.
(2) What Do We Do With the Information We Collect?
- A) To provide the https://humansofthiruvalla.com/ Services-
We use your information to help you use and navigate https://humansofthiruvalla.com/, such as:
• Making a https://humansofthiruvalla.com/ available to you
• Arranging access to your subscription/ account
• Providing customer/ support service
• Responding to your inquiries, requests, suggestions or complaints
• Completing your payments and transactions
• Sending service-related messages or emails
• Letting you take part in paid services, polls, promotions, surveys, research and comments.
B) To Personalize Your Experience-
We track your interests and reading habits (e.g. the articles you read) to personalize your reading experience using technology like algorithmic recommendations and machine learning. This is how we highlight articles you might be interested in and de-emphasize articles you’ve already read. We also show you prices, promotions, products or services we believe you’ll find interesting, based on demographic and usage data.
C) We Allow You to Share User-Generated Content-
Any information you disclose in your content becomes public along with your chosen screen name and uploaded photo.
D) We Develop Products & Services and Do Analysis-
We analyze data on our users’ subscription, purchase and usage behaviors. This helps us make business and marketing decisions. Google Analytics is one of the analytics providers we use.
E) We Offer Contests and Other Promotions-
You can take part in our contests and other promotions. Some might have additional rules about how we use and disclose your personal information.
F) We Allow for Personalized Advertising on https://humansofthiruvalla.com/
We gather data and work with third parties to show you personalized ads. This data comes from ad tracking technologies (e.g. cookies), the information you provide (e.g. your name, email address, phone/ mobile number), data collected as you use https://humansofthiruvalla.com/ (e.g. your reading history), data from advertisers or advertising vendors (e.g., demographic data) and anything inferred from any of this information. We only use or share this information in a manner that does not reveal your identity.
G) We Advertise https://humansofthiruvalla.com/ Services to You-
We market our services to you. Sometimes we use marketing vendors to do this.
We serve ads through websites, locations, platforms and services operated and owned by third parties. Often these ads are targeted at people who have visited or registered for https://humansofthiruvalla.com/ services but have not subscribed or purchased anything. The ads are also targeted at people with similar traits or behaviors to our subscribers or customers.
We target our advertising to these users by uploading an encrypted customer list to a third party, or by incorporating a tracking technology from a third party onto our https://humansofthiruvalla.com/ services. The third party then matches individuals who appear in both our data and their data. Because of how this matching process works, the third party can’t read our encrypted customer list if they don’t already have it.
To opt-out of receiving these matched ads, contact the applicable third parties. For example, when we use “Custom Audience” to serve you our ad through Facebook, you should be able to hover over the box in the right corner of that Facebook ad and opt-out. We are not responsible for any third party’s failure to comply with opt-out requests.
We periodically send you targeted email newsletters or promotional emails.
H) We Aggregate Personal Information Into Larger Findings-
Sometimes we aggregate or de-identify information so that it can no longer identify you, under applicable laws. This helps us better understand and represent our users, such as when we measure ad performance or compile survey results. We can use and disclose this aggregated or de-identified information for any purpose unless applicable law says otherwise.
(3) With Whom Do We Share the Information We Collect?
A) Within Humans of Thiruvalla Company-
We share your information with our affiliates.
- B) With Service Providers-
We work with service providers to carry out certain tasks:
• Processing Your Payments
• Fulfilling Your Orders
• Maintaining Technology and Related Infrastructure
• Offering Customer/ Support Service
• Serving and Targeting Ads
• Measuring Ad Performance
• Presenting Surveys
• Distributing Emails
• Managing and Analysing Research
• Managing Promotions
When performing these tasks, service providers often have access to your personal information. We sometimes allow them to use aggregated or de-identified information for other purposes, in accordance with applicable laws.
- C) With Other Third Parties-
There are situations when we share your information with third parties beyond our service providers. We never share your phone number or email address with these third parties without your consent, except in encrypted form to engage in the matched ads process.
1. We may share your name and mailing address with other reputable companies that want to market to you by mail.
2. We share information about our events and seminar attendees (e.g. your name, company or job title) with the event sponsors.
3. We share information about participants in our contests and similar promotions with the promotions’ sponsors.
4. We process payments you make through https://humansofthiruvalla.com/ with external services.
There are two ways this can happen:
o We collect your information and share it with the third-party service for processing.
o The third-party service collects your information for processing.
5. In the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets, we would have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your information to a third party such as an acquiring entity and its advisers.
6. We can preserve or share personal information if the law requires us to do so. We can also preserve or share personal information if we believe it would be necessary to:
o Comply with the law or with legal process
o Protect and defend our rights and property
o Protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the https://humansofthiruvalla.com/
o Protect the safety or property of our users or the general public (e.g. if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, we could share your information to help investigations into your actions)
o Cooperate with government authorities, which could be outside your country of residence.
7. We disclose public activities in our RSS feeds, APIs and other distribution formats. Your public activities could thus appear on other websites, blogs or feeds.
(4) What Are Your Rights?
- A) How Do I Opt-Out of Email, Phone, Mail and Push Notifications?
The opt-out methods described below are limited to the email address, phone or device used. They won’t affect subsequent subscriptions.
We offer a variety of commercial emails and email newsletters. You can unsubscribe from them by following the “unsubscribe” instructions bottom of the email.
- 2. Mail or Mobile Promotions-
You can ask us to unsubscribe from our mail or mobile solicitations. You can also ask us to not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. To do so, email us with “Opt-Out” in the subject line.
- 3. Push Notifications-
You can opt-out any time by adjusting your device settings or uninstalling our app.
- 4. Text Messages-
You can opt-out of text alerts any time by replying “STOP,” or any alternative keyword we’ve shared with you.
We complete any opt-out request as quickly as we can. This opt-out request won’t prohibit us from sending you important nonmarketing notices.
(5) What About Sensitive Personal Information?
We generally don’t want to gather any sensitive information about you. This includes:
• Aadhaar, PAN, Driving Licence, Voter ID Card Number
• Racial or Ethnic Origin
• Political Views/ Opinions
• Religion or Other Beliefs
• Health, Biometric or Genetic Characteristics
• Religious/ Political Organization, Trade Union Membership
• Criminal Background
There are rare situations when we request this information (e.g. in surveys asks about your political views/opinions), but you can decline to answer. Apart from those situations, we would prefer you never share that information with us.
(6) How Long Do You Retain Data?
It depends. We store your personal information for as long as needed, or permitted, based on the reason why we obtained it (consistent with applicable law). This means we might retain your personal information even after you unsubscribe with us.
When deciding how long to keep your information, we consider:
• How long we’ve had a relationship with you or provided a https://humansofthiruvalla.com/ service to you
• Whether we are subject to any legal obligations (e.g. any laws that require us to keep transaction records for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
• Whether we have taken any legal positions (e.g. in connection with any statutes of limitation).
Rather than delete your data, we might de-identify it by removing identifying details.
(7) How Do You Protect My Information?
We protect your personal information with a series of organizational, technological and physical safeguards but we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We recommend that you use complex and unique passwords for your accounts and for third-party accounts linked to them. Do not share your password with anyone. If you have any reason to believe or show that your interaction with us is no longer secure, notify us immediately.
(8) Links to Third-Party Services
(10) How Can You Contact Us?